Even after graduating medical school and finishing residency, the process of practicing medicine requires continued learning (Continuing Medical Education or CME). This allows the physician to keep current with the latest advances and keeps the mind sharp.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”-Mahatma GandhiThe same principals should be applied to any worthwhile endeavor, of which obtaining financial success and well being clearly qualifies.
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest”-Benjamin FranklinThe following list is of books I currently have in my financial library that would be a great starting step in anyone wanting to begin the path to financial happiness and also serves to keep your brain fit.
- The White Coat Investor: A Doctor’s Guide To Personal Finance And Investing
- This outstanding book is written by Jim Dahle, M.D., an emergency medicine physician who runs probably the most famous physician financial blog, The White Coat Investor.
- Great advice for the medical professional from residency all the way to retirement.
- I consider this a must read
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing
- Another essential book to complete one’s financial library
- Bogleheads are a collection of like minded individuals who were inspired by the founder of Vanguard Investing, John C. Bogle
- Their website Bogleheads has given numerous individuals incredible (and free) advice on financial matters. Truly a wonderul community to be a part of.
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning
- A very well written 2nd book by the Bogleheads that helps prepare for retirement.
The following blogs provide high-yield information and are well worth your time to visit:If you are interested in content by other physician bloggers, an incredible resource (if I do say so myself) is the page I created called, “The Hospital” which allows you to see the latest post from every doc blogger that I could find (there are more than 80 of them currently and growing). The Hospital is designed so that the the latest post goes to the top of the list so it makes it easier to always keep up to date with your favorite bloggers (I suggest bookmarking this page and make it part of your daily routine).
This site contains affiliate links. Please review the Disclaimer Policy