Volunteers needed to share divorce stories…
I went through an awful divorce myself (I estimate a 7 figure net worth hit) and it obviously had a huge effect on my path to FIRE (Financial Independence/Retire Early).
There was some positive that came out of it because it was at my lowest point emotionally and financially that I made a complete turnaround regarding finance.
I am hoping to get individual stories for a divorce series that can possibly shed light on probably the worst thing that can happen to your finances.
Some salients points to put in place would be:
- A little background story of your marriage and spouse
- How did you meet
- How long did you date
- How old were you when you got married
- How many children (and how old they were at the time of divorce)
- How many years were you married?
- Describe your financial outlook during the marriage?
- Were you on the same page financially as your partner?
- Were you both on track to become financially independent?
- Can you elaborate on what the underlying cause for divorce was?
- What changes occurred with your spouse that made you realize that divorce was a viable option?
- How long has it has been since you got divorced?
- Estimated lost assets
- If possible describe how the marital properties were divided by the court
- Legal costs
- Current state of financial recovery
- How long it took you to get back to pre-divorce levels or if you still have not reached that level, estimated time to get there.
- Do you have an idea of how your ex is doing financially post divorce?
- Would you consider getting married again and if so what would you do different and what protections would you need to have in place?
- If you have remarried:
- How long is the current marriage?
- What influences (financially or emotionally) does your previous marriage have on your current relationship?
- If you have remarried:
- Any pointers to readers to prevent a divorce from happening in the first place or any advice if someone is currently going through a divorce?
- Any unexpected surprises during or after the divorce proceedings?
- Knowing what you know now, would you have rather worked more to save your marriage or was the divorce the best option?
- What impact did the marriage/divorce have on your overall financial journey?
- Anything else you would like to share that was not touched upon?
I can back link and promote your blog if you choose to reveal your identity or you can remain anonymous.
Please review guest post submission guidelines.
Anyway I greatly appreciate it if you are willing to share.
0 0 votes
This site contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please review the Disclaimer Policy